People wishing to gain and then use any remaining loyalty card points at Beefeaters have only days to do so as the initial deadline for the offer is next Monday, August 24.

A spokesperson said: “All points must be collected (or receipt details added) by Monday 24 August 2026 and then converted into your points-based vouchers and used by Monday 31 August 2026.”

READ MORE: Over 3,500 jobs lost as UK restaurant chains list properties

With a loyalty card, customers could collect 5 points for every £1 spent and once 500 points have been earned, they would be able to claim either a £5 voucher, a free bottle of wine or 2 free starters or desserts.

This comes as the chain is set to close next month following an announcement earlier this year by owner Whitbread.

The Applecart Beefeater at the Oxford South Milton Interchange (Image: Christie Owen & Davies Ltd)

The company said in April that it would close its remaining Beefeater and Brewers Fayre sites as part of a strategy overhaul.

The business said this would result in 3,800 job cuts, although a spokesperson added that it would try to retain as many staff as possible.

Included in its strategy, Whitbread said it will sell and lease back many of its freehold properties and earlier this summer the Brewers Fayre in Oxford Road, Bicester was listed for £950,000.

In addition The Applecart Beefeater at the Oxford South Milton Interchange was listed for a £600,000 sale.

Brewers Fayre in Bicester (Image: Christie Owen & Davies Ltd)

Following this, Beefeater customers were informed of the date of the restaurant closures in a letter sent to reward club members.

It stated: “As you may have seen, we have recently announced changes to our business, which is resulting in the closure of our Branded Restaurants.

“This means that on Thursday 10 September 2026 your local Beefeater and all other UK Beefeaters will close.”

Interior of The Applecart Beefeater at the Oxford South Milton Interchange (Image: Christie Owen & Davies Ltd)

The restructure is part of Whitbread’s new five-year growth strategy, which aims to re-focus the business and reduce costs by £250 million.

This includes a shift towards an integrated food and drink model that the company believes is more efficient and better suited to Premier Inn guests.

Dominic Paul, Whitbread’s chief executive, previously said: “We always challenge ourselves to improve and, in light of significant cost increases in the form of business rates and national insurance, as well as the implied market discount to our inherent value, we’ve looked hard at the options open to us to maximise value creation over the medium and long-term.

READ MORE: UK loyalty scheme to end as 3,800 jobs lost and restaurants close

“This has been a rigorous process and we’ve approached all options with an open mind.

“Our new five-year plan builds on our strengths and drives a significant acceleration of our strategy.

“This plan will transform Whitbread into a higher-margin, higher-returning pure-play hotel business.

“We’re going to go further and faster to deliver a great experience for our guests and high-quality growth and returns for our shareholders.”





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *