University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship 2023 – Apply Now
About PhD Scholarships in Otago Univerity
The University of Otago is now offering Doctoral Scholarships to the following offshore international students:
- Those who can begin their research while still in their home country; however, please note that these offers will only cover tuition fees while you are still in your home country; stipend payments will begin once you arrive in New Zealand and have activated a bank account in your home country. There will be no backdating of stipends to the period of your award; rather, they will be paid for the remainder of the scholarship’s duration.
- Australian or international students who are currently residing in Australia during the period in which that country has been designated as a “safe-travel” zone for New Zealand residents.
- Students from other countries have been given authorization to apply for a student visa under the critical worker pathway, which is overseen by the Ministry of Business, Innovation, and Employment.
SEE ALSO: Study in Canada with free visa sponsorship for all Citizens
You should be aware that the University will not make decisions on Doctoral scholarships for international students who are currently studying outside of New Zealand and who are not covered by the categories listed above.
This will be the case until there is more certainty about when you will be able to enter New Zealand, which may be several months. As a result, we are constantly re-evaluating the situation, and in the interim, you are still eligible to apply for a Doctoral Scholarship — your application will be examined and placed on hold until a decision can be made on your application.
If you are a straight A student (GPA of 8 – ‘A’ grade) or higher, who has completed an Honours or Master’s degree with an appropriate research component from a New Zealand university then you are likely to be guaranteed a University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship.
SEE ALSO: Duban scholarship unt-study in Texas
Scholarship Value / Worth
- Doctor of Philosophy – NZ$28,600 stipend per annum plus a domestic tuition fees waiver for 36 months (excludes student services fee and insurance)
- Professional Doctorates (DClinDent, DMA, DBA, EDd) – NZ$28,600 stipend per annum plus a tuition fee waiver for up to 36 months capped at the domestic rate (excludes student services fee and insurance)
Number of scholarships offered
Up to 200 annually
Application closing date
Applicants can apply anytime
How to Apply for Doctoral Scholarship in University of Otago
Scholarship applications for doctorate studies are submitted online using the eVision portal, and they can be submitted at any time of the year (See the eVision portal link below). You will receive an alert in your student portal after submitting your application for admission to your program, encouraging you to submit an application for a scholarship.
Step1: Select the programme you wish to apply for from the list below
You will be taken to a page with more information about the programme, and a button to begin your application
Step2: Click the Apply Now button on that page
This will take you to the eVision login page where you can create your account.
Step3: Follow the steps to create your eVision account
Step4: Login to you eVision account to complete the steps and and submit your application.
SEE ALSO: Best Scholarships & financial aid for Latino Students in USA
The invitations to submit an application for the University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship will be sent out via eVision once acceptance to the DClinDent program has been confirmed, which is normally in October the year of the applicant’s application.
A decision on the scholarship application will be made in late November or early December of the same year in which it was submitted. To find out more about how to apply for a scholarship if you are a second-year DClinDent student who has completed the papers year of the program, please contact the Scholarships Office @ email@example.com.
SEE ALSO: Arkwright scholarship – Study in the UK Today open for all
The University of Otago PhD Scholarship gives money to doctoral students enrolled at the University of Otago who are pursuing their studies there.
The Scholarship is open to both domestic and international students who wish to pursue their education. Candidates for professional doctorates, as well as those pursuing a PhD, are encouraged to submit an application.
Typically, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- seeking to obtain their first doctoral qualification
The selection process is mostly focused on academic merit and the applicant’s capacity for conducting research.
Check out more Otago University scholarships here.