ln this article we discuss about Coolidge Scholarship. The Coolidge Scholarship is a four-year, full-ride presidential scholarship that pays for a student’s tuition, room and board, and other expenses while in college.
The Coolidge Scholars Program is a program established by President Calvin Coolidge to
The Coolidge Prize is a full-ride presidential scholarship that covers a student’s tuition, lodging, board, and costs for four years of undergraduate study. It is awarded every year. Recipients of the Coolidge can use it in any qualified American college or university. This non-partisan, need-blind program is open to anyone from any background who is pursuing any academic subject of study.
During their junior year of high school, students apply for the Coolidge Scholarship. Finalists are flown in for a weekend of interviews with the Coolidge Scholars Finalist Jury at the Coolidge Historic Site in Plymouth Notch, Vermont. The Coolidge Scholarship recipients are notified of their award in late May of their junior year, before applying to colleges (note: current high school seniors are not eligible to apply).
>>>>Arkansas Scholarship lottery – There’s a lottery winner every 1.3 SECONDS
What is the purpose of the Coolidge Scholarship?
This scholarship covers everything a college undergraduate needs, including tuition and accommodation and board for all four years of study. There’s even a book and school supply stipend! The overall sum awarded varies from year to year, but it averages around $33,000 each year for a chosen group of academics.
But this fellowship provides more than simply a monetary award; it establishes a relationship with the foundation during the course of four years of education, and hopefully for the rest of one’s life! Throughout their undergraduate years, the young academics spend several days each summer in Plymouth Notch, Vermont, the place where Calvin Coolidge was sworn in as president on August 3rd, 1923.
These gatherings allow opportunity to network with other top-of-the-class students from across the country. The academics assist the Coolidge Foundation with its well-known debate program each summer.
However, everyone of the 100 “Senators” will earn a trip! The Senators are sent on an all-expenses-paid trip to the nation’s capital, Washington, D.C., the summer before they start college. The “Senators Summit” will allow the selected few to tour the capital, learn about the 30th President’s history and legacy, and interact with other bright young minds!
The Coolidge Scholarship connects you to a nonprofit that supports undergraduates and emphasizes lifelong learning. Of course, the big sum of money donated helps to alleviate the difficult task of overcoming America’s persistent economic imbalances, which continue to burden college applicants.
>>>>$ 2,000 Nitro Scholarship 2023 – Apply Now
The Coolidge Scholarship Application Process
The Coolidge application, like most intensive scholarship programs, is a tough and difficult test. However, putting up a lot of effort pays off handsomely! Remember that everything you submit will be scrutinized, so only submit something that you are happy of.
You must provide all of the following information:
- The form for submitting an application.
- PSAT Score, SAT/ACT Score Cards
- All AP courses are listed on the transcript.
- There are two essays. One should be no more than 600 words long, and the other should be no more than 800 words long. Once you begin the process, you will be provided prompts.
- A two-page resume detailing any positions you’ve held and the experience you’ve obtained. Include any relevant facts and career paths you are considering.
- 2 letters of recommendation One letter must come from a teacher, and the other must come from a community member who is familiar with you but not related to you.
How to Determine Whether You Are Eligible For The Coolidge Scholarship
Eligibility is based on a few simple criteria:
- When you apply, you must be a citizen or legal resident of the United States of America. Dreamers are included in this category.
- You must be a junior in high school. You may still apply if you are a junior who is also enrolled in a few classes at your community college. Seniors are not eligible to apply, even if they plan to take a gap year before attending college.
- Your ambition must be to attend a four-year, fully accredited institution or college in the United States.
- You cannot be an immediate family member of a Coolidge Foundation employee or trustee.
Before the deadline, you must submit all essential documentation.
- If you meet all of these criteria, congratulations! It’s time to take a closer look at the application procedure!
To Help You Win The Coolidge Scholarship, Here Are Some Tips And Strategies
Every candidate will be evaluated on three basic characteristics by the selection committee. Let’s take a look at each one and see how you may embody it:
>>>>The Mike Rowe Scholarship Award Program 2023/2024 – Ongoing Registration
- The first and most important parameter assessed will be a gleaming and polished transcript. That involves not only getting As in the majority of your classes, but also pushing oneself to take the most difficult ones available. If your school offers it, this could mean taking all Advanced Placement classes or enrolling in the International Baccalaureate Diploma program.
- However, education encompasses more than just the classroom. This indicates that you are an important participant in both academic and extracurricular activities. Indeed, public speaking was Calvin Coolidge’s only youthful sport! Being a member of the debate team, forensics team, robotics team, or even the math club demonstrates your commitment to education and learning beyond the classroom.
- The policy is based on the premise that people’s collective engagement can improve the community’s overall well-being. This award is named after and given in honor of the president, the nation’s chief policymaker! As a result, it’s critical to demonstrate that you value and embrace this quality.
- Show how you understand the benefits of federalism and how power is distributed between a national hub and state and local governments in your essay. Those who value the free market and a smaller government are also valued in this scholarship. Sign up now for economics and government & politics classes if you haven’t already.
- If you aren’t interested in pursuing a degree or a career in public policy and government, don’t be deterred from applying. You will be considered as long as you clearly demonstrate these qualities.
- During your interview, the judging board will be looking for qualities like public speaking and debate. Respectful, trained, fact-based, and confident debaters are valued. Avoid political squabbles and rash assertions that you can’t back up with evidence.
>>>>Chancellor’s International and EU Scholarships Sussex 2023
Service and Humility
- The Coolidge Scholar is known for his humility. A fundamental part of successful submission is putting others first and using your tremendous knowledge for compassion rather than power.
- A history of volunteerism can be used to demonstrate service. That isn’t to say you volunteered at the local soup kitchen once just to have something to put on your CV. They’re yearning for a stronger bond with others. Spending a year aiding veterans at a retirement community on a weekly basis can demonstrate greater humility than traveling across the world working in underdeveloped countries.
- Introverts, on the other hand, do not need to be concerned. Humility and service are also displayed by researchers who work alone to generate ideas and products for the public good.
That’s the foundation of a Coolidge Scholar, and here are a few more pointers to help you submit an application you’ll be pleased of before the deadline:
- Retake the SAT/ACT: You can take these exams as many times as you want until you’re satisfied with your results, but only the highest scores will be included in your submission.
- Take the test before the deadline for repeat exams expires.
- Make Use of a Tutor: If you are not yet a Junior and want to improve your grades, look into economical and free tutoring programs in your area. Also, don’t be afraid to approach a teacher for extra help in subjects where you’re having trouble!
- Have a Group of People Examine Your Documents: Give your paperwork to a teacher or a trustworthy family member for guidance before submitting everything you’ve worked so hard to compile. Even minor grammatical errors might be noticeable. Detail-oriented thinking is valued and required.
- Commit to Your Responsibilities: Don’t drop out of one for the other if you’re on a sports team and the star of the school play. Demonstrating that you can manage a busy schedule shows confidence and time management.
- Make it Before the Deadline: Begin the application procedure before the process even begins. If you’re a freshman or sophomore considering your college options, start working toward the three criteria set forth by the Coolidge Foundation.
This full-ride scholarship is available to U.S. high school juniors who plan to enter full-time as an undergraduate in an authorized U.S. college or institution for the first time in the autumn semester following high school graduation. Academic excellence and a strong interest in public policy are among the factors used to choose students.
>>>>$50,000 “No Essay” Scholarships 2023/2024
Further information about Coolidge Scholarship
This non-partisan, need-blind program is open to anyone from any background who is pursuing any academic subject of study. In May, the finalists will be contacted. Finalists will be flown in for a finalist weekend at the Coolidge Historic Site in Plymouth Notch, Vermont, in mid-May, when they will be interviewed by the Coolidge Scholars Finalist Jury, which will be chaired by Dr. Bruce Cole, former chairman of the National Endowment for the Humanities. The Coolidge Scholarship recipients are notified of their award in late May of their junior year, prior to applying to colleges. Newly selected Coolidge Scholars will spend seven days in the gorgeous birthplace of the President, Plymouth Notch, Vermont, the summer before their final year of high school. Scholars will learn about Coolidge and his world, meet policymakers, and assist the Coolidge Foundation in managing its formidable debate programs while they are there.
In each of the next three summers, scholars will return to Plymouth Notch for a week. Scholars will engage in the Coolidge Scholars Leadership Training Program during the academic year. An applicant cannot be related to a current employee or trustee of the Calvin Coolidge Presidential Foundation or the Coolidge Scholars Program.
Amount of Award: The amount differs. This scholarship will be worth a total of $30,000.
Every year, how many scholarships are given out?
The Coolidge Scholarship is awarded to two or three students each year. Before their final year of high school, the winners attend a summer orientation. While in college, scholars continue to return to Plymouth Notch for a week every summer.
While only a few students are chosen as Coolidge Scholars, don’t let that deter you! There are other ways to get recognized.
Finalists are chosen from a pool of up to 10 applications. Finalists are awarded a $5,000 scholarship. They go to the Coolidge Historic Site in Plymouth Notch, Vermont, for the finalist weekend. They had an interview with the Coolidge Scholars Finalist Jury over the weekend. Finalists and one parent are reimbursed for travel and accommodation expenses.
>>>>Arkwright scholarship- Study in the UK Today open for all
The alternative option for aspirants is to become a Senator under Coolidge. Coolidge Senators are the top one hundred applicants who do not become Coolidge Scholars. This distinguished program offers a $1,000 one-time scholarship. Every summer in Washington, D.C., Coolidge Senators attend the Senators’ Summit. They go sightseeing in Washington, D.C., and learn about President Coolidge. They also have the opportunity to interact with other student senators from throughout the country. When students apply for the Coolidge Scholarship, they are considered for the Senators Program. There isn’t a separate application for this.
Is the Coolidge Scholarship a Good Investment?
This is a scholarship worth applying to if you can demonstrate academic distinction. It’s a prominent and competitive scholarship. You can still be a finalist and win a very significant one-time award even if you don’t become a Coolidge Scholar. You can also become a Coolidge Senator, which is a significant accomplishment in in of itself. Scholarship applications take time and effort, but the payoff, if you win, is well worth it.